CYSO’s College Week returns this fall, running from October 9 – October 13! Get the inside scoop on college music admissions with two great events—on Sunday, Oct 9, the College Fair returns in person and on Thursday, Oct 13, our always popular virtual forum Getting Into College 101. Read on for more details about each event!
CYSO’s Annual College Fair
Sunday October 9 @ 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM
Representatives from colleges, universities, music camps, and more will be on hand at the Fine Arts Building to meet with students and share information about their programs. Find out what programs might be right for you and learn about opportunities for scholarships, application deadlines, and more.
Open to current CYSO students as well as the general public. The event will take place in the 8th floor elevator lobby.
College Fair participants:
- Butler University School of Music
- Eastman School of Music
- Chicago Musical Pathways Initiative
- DePaul University School of Music
- Manhattan School of Music
- North Park University
- San Francisco Conservatory of Music
- Vanderbilt University Blair School of Music
- The University of Iowa School of Music
Getting into College 101
Thursday October 13 @ 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
Our popular masterclass includes everything you need to know about the music admissions process. Broadcast live in CYSO’s Facebook page, tune in for a panel of admissions and music school experts from across the country. Hear perspectives from different programs to find out how to find the right fit for you. Find out what schools look for in applicants and what you can be doing now to prepare your audition and application.
This year’s panelists include:
- Kathleen Tesar – The Juilliard School, Associate Dean for Enrollment Management
- Matthew Ardizzone – Eastman School of Music, University of Rochester, Associate Dean of Admissions & Enrollment Management
- Bradley Whittemore – Ithaca College, Director of Music Admission
- Laura Hoffman – University of Michigan School of Music, Theatre, and Dance, Assistant Dean for Admissions, Financial Aid, & enrollment Management